corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ATS Cup's on a Corsa B

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ATS Cup's on a Corsa B
Aled

User status: Offline
14th Dec 04 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Size = 15x7j
Offset = 28
PCD = 4x100

if i'm going to purchase a set, will i be able to just stick them on the car? or do you reckon im going to have to use a huge spacer and have some arch work done?

Thanx in advance
Aled
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Dec 04 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spacer will lower the offset yet further so no, don't use one.
Aled

14th Dec 04 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now i feel thick
Adam_B

14th Dec 04 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you would have to get the back of the wheels machined out to at least et42. Or get a big hammer on the wheel arches
Aled

14th Dec 04 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hammer sounds cheaper
ed

14th Dec 04 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hammer + ET28 wheel + Corsa = Very fucked wheel arch which looks shite, scrubbage and still not enough room for the wheels.

Get them machined down to ET45. People say that it weakens the wheel, but surely that can't be true - the wheel casting gets milled anyway to get it to the correct offset in the first place. I may be corrected, but that's my theory.
myke

14th Dec 04 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree Ed, but only in certain cases.

with a wheel that's mass produced to loads of fitments they will machine down from a thick starting cast to get the required dimensions.

on a wheel that only comes in one offset, then they'd cast it to neaar enough the right size in the first place so not machine it back very far, hence the bolting area would be thin.

i've got some renault wheels that i wanted to take from et38 to et48, but there's only about 25mm of metal there anyway, so would have reduced it to 15 which i wasn't particularly confident about.
ed

14th Dec 04 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yea, you got to have enough metal to interface the bolts to, otherwise you will be left with a hub, 4 bolts and some bits of aluminium - and probably a sore body...

New Poll