corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » summonsed to court, oh no!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author summonsed to court, oh no!
Coopers_Corsa

User status: Offline
   15th Jun 05 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right then, first of all i was pissing about on a wet road (a wide road at night in a residentual area (stupid i know)) and did a few hand break turns. someone called the police but by the time they got there i must of already gone as id heard no probs at all off it. anyway, driving down a main road later on in a 30 mph zone, i was accelerating quickly and admittedly i probably was doing about 40 mph and then slowed down when i saw 2 cop cars parked up at the side of the road. 1 of em flashed their lights but never pulled out so i carried on as normal and went to meet a few of my friends by where i had previously been doing the handbreak turns. anyway i pulled up then about 2 mins later the cops pulled up behind and asked me to get into their car. he was being a total wanker as they do and wanted to give me 3 points and a £60 fine on the basis that him and his colleague think i was going too fast. no speed gun or speed camera of any sort, just they think i was going too fast. he then asked me if i had been doing handbreak turns and i admitted it for some reason and then to add to is he said my exhaust was too loud and therefore was faulty and must be replaced(even tho it passed the MOT a few weeks prior to this incident)(all i have is a peco bb and i also had my air intake pipe not connected to the airbox, jus had a pair of tights over it. i tried to explain to the copper that it was that i had no air filter in that it was louder than it should be as i had problems starting it earlier that evening so i took the airfilter out and it worked, so i was gonna get one in the morning, but he was having none of it he had to be right and it "was" the exhaust!). so i got 2 forms, a producer and a form which had to be stamped by an mot place saying i had changed the exhaust. i threw em both in the bin as i was a bit racked off (stupid yet again i know) and now i have been summonsed to court for not producing my docs and speeding etc. any idea's if i have gopt a case or not if i take it too court. im not bothered about the fine i just cant be doing with the points.

in my defence i could say it may have seemed that i was going over the speed limit but as the car was louder than it should have been it may of made the car sound faster but in actual fact it wasnt breaking the speed limit. but i dont know what will happen about not producing. could just say i lost it and totally forgot all about it, play dumb.

anyone got any views on this or any ideas about what i should do?

any help/tips much aprechiated
Twiggy

15th Jun 05 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simplyfy!!!!!
Adam-D

15th Jun 05 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he was dicking about
got a producer
binned it
now has to go to court
VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th Jun 05 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't think they can do a lot if you didn't get caught speeding. Sounds like you were being a bit of a twat that night tbh, Throwing your docs away won't really help you, You'll probably end up paying costs for court.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
jamesvalver

15th Jun 05 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they cant do u 4the speedin as they have no proof but u will prob get a fine 4not porducin the documents in time
Jake

15th Jun 05 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hand brake turns? who did you nick the car off?
Coopers_Corsa

15th Jun 05 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i kno its all part of being "young and stupid" heard it so many times before. a fine i wouldnt be bothered about jus dont want points. can anyone help. with regards to can a copper actually do you for speeding if they have no proof?
L33 LEG
Banned

15th Jun 05 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know im ma cunt on the roads sometimes but u seem like an absolute tit.

it was only a producer, why throw it away and wait to be summoned. and with the other form, u jst needed a mate at any garage to stamp it.

however, we all do stupid things so may aswell try and help you. basically seen as the court knows nothing about the handbrake tunrs dont worry about anythig. u have your documents (hopefully) so theyl jst check that. just explain to them thta u lost ur producer and forgot all about it, may sound stupid but they wont mind. and with the speeding, get as many witnesses as possible cos its not easy to win against 2 cops even tho they have no proof. jst tell the courts what u said hee, that ur exhaust may make ur car seem faster than it was. luckily theyv got no proof so with a good solicitor ull get out of that no problems

in future tho, when cops let u off for doing handbrake tunrs dont be chucking ur producer away
Coopers_Corsa

15th Jun 05 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well what the cops said is i had 3 points on my lisence and a £60 fine, which will all happen when i take my producer in. and i admitted to the cops that i did a handbreak turn so its in their statement that i did it. i have all documents etc im all legal so no probz there. i had 2 other lads in the car of mine at the time, 1 a cousin n 1 was my cousins mate. but will both be in school at the time of court. not sure what to do?
Cybermonkey

16th Jun 05 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with l33 to be honest. if you are that irresponsible on the roads, perhaps you should have your license revoked until you mature a bit. Its people like you that give other young drivers a bad name.
Rileysport

16th Jun 05 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Coopers_Corsa
well what the cops said is i had 3 points on my lisence and a £60 fine, which will all happen when i take my producer in. and i admitted to the cops that i did a handbreak turn so its in their statement that i did it. i have all documents etc im all legal so no probz there. i had 2 other lads in the car of mine at the time, 1 a cousin n 1 was my cousins mate. but will both be in school at the time of court. not sure what to do?

A producer is a producer... you get a fixed penalty form if they're booking you, its yellow and often hard to read... i should know
CoastalCorsa

16th Jun 05 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is a criminal offence not to produce your document within the time given by the officer he will have told you that you have 7 days to comply when he cautioned you
As for the VDRS slip [Vehicle Defect Rectification Scheme] it is an offence to NOT return the slip once the said defects have been corrected - I got one of these for having side lights which were too blue i got a court summons for this as they said i had not complied with the law whan in actual fact they lost it

I would advise you to go to court an not throw your summons away other wise you will be in more trouble than what your currently in an you will find yourself arrested currently you are probably looking at a fine and you will still have to produce your details an get the said defects sorted
langey

16th Jun 05 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not being funny mate but you sound like a right chav, corsa with tightsd over the airbox??
mates will be ins school when you go to court
handbreak turns in a resedential area??

you turn up at court and you'll get what scoming to you, you might be al leagal now, but might not be when you walk out of court, if the handbreak turns are in the statement and it gets brought up in court, theres dangerous driving?? and whats that? another 3 points?

but you should have took your producer in not thrown it away.
Coopers_Corsa

16th Jun 05 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chav, not at all mate. i cause no trouble down town, dont go drink driving ever! dont cause or end up in any fights down town, i jus like to have a bit of fun in my car. it was late at night with no cars around so i couldnt see the harm in it. i posted in here to seek advice about what to do and what i may be looking at when i go to court, not to be insulted. so if youve got nothing relevant to say then keep it shtum!
langey

16th Jun 05 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Coopers_Corsa
chav, not at all mate. i cause no trouble down town, dont go drink driving ever! dont cause or end up in any fights down town, i jus like to have a bit of fun in my car. it was late at night with no cars around so i couldnt see the harm in it. i posted in here to seek advice about what to do and what i may be looking at when i go to court, not to be insulted. so if youve got nothing relevant to say then keep it shtum!

sorry pal, re read what i wrote, was abit harsh wasnt i lol.

i agree with what someone else said, sya you lost the producer and just forgot about it. turn up in court and dont forget that!
hopefully for you they will not mention the hand break turns just the fact you forgotten to produce, but if everything is in order then i dont think anything will happen, after all how can 2 policemen judge acuratly how fast you was going? they cant fine you becuase they "think" your going a bit over the speed limit. or at least i dont think they can.
Coopers_Corsa

16th Jun 05 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh thats my thinking too, how can they do me on the basis that they think im going too fast. i had 2 witnesses in the car but like i say theyll be in school, n if they turned up in court in a school uniform at 10am monday morning, lol. would look a bit dodgey. think ill just go to court, and pull my pants down n let them get on with it. all my docs are in order etc so just hope they wont be too harsh
langey

16th Jun 05 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get you 2mate sout of school or they in exams? if there in exams and is no way they can get there, then

New Poll