corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wire behind iso block has been snipped

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wire behind iso block has been snipped
Dean_H

User status: Offline
28th Sep 05 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As you may have read ive been having problems getting my headunit to come on.

Look at this pic....

The brown wire continues with the loom behind the dash

But the RED/Yellow wire which comes from the connector, then gets taped up with the orange, but i had a good look last night and it gets taped up with ANOTHER red cable!!!! which continues with the loom behind the dash.

So i thought to myself "better check behind the iso block then" and there is a red wire from the bottom block of the iso block that has been snipped about 5cm away from the block!!!

NO WONDER IT WOULDNT WORK!

I will have to reconnect the red wire to the back of the block with a chocoblock? will that do?

But due to the fact that this iso block has been tampered with before from a previous owner, does anyone have any diagrams to show what colours i should have going to the back of the iso block (as there are 10-15 different cables)

And also i have a multimeter so does anyone have any information on what results i should get across each terminal.

Thanks for the help guys but one last question!

Also would it have damaged the headunit by not having a red terminated into the iso block, when the headunit was plugged into the iso block i heared the motor turning/laser moving in the headunit but the screen would not come on, even after i pressed the souce (on) button.

Thanks again
VegasPhil
Premium Member

28th Sep 05 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chocoblock will work. Probably should get an autoelectrician out or anyone you know with a soldering iron.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
RKS

29th Sep 05 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the iso block in your hand looks looks like it has the speaker wires on it? and they all look intact?? and that is just for speakers it looks like you dont have the iso connector for the power/earth? and these wires have been connected directly to the loom,

are all of the wires in the car loom cut? or just a couple (live/earth)

as you should be able to plug that block into the one on the loom (one with 8 terminals in) and that should then run your speakers,

then you just need to check that the colours from the headunit are connected to the right sources

Red & Yellow (one is switched live and one perm live) cant remember which way around,

Brown - Earth

Orange will be illumination if you want to wire this to the side lights you can or u could wire it to the ignition live,
RKS

29th Sep 05 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do the red yellow and brown wires go that are connected to the lower connector in your pic

New Poll