corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car lurches forward, 1st gear, this is really annoying, air filter?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car lurches forward, 1st gear, this is really annoying, air filter?
Solitary_Echo

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 05 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey guys, for the past few months, i've been driving, and when pulling away in first gear, the car goes a little and then lurches forward, like a kangaroo hop which u do when u can;t master clutch control when u learn to drive. But i'm on like 2000 revs pulling away. The problem is solved if u pull away on like 4000 revs, but you shouldn't need to do this just to pull away. I replaced my filter which hadn't been replaced since the car was brought, with a barely used KnN panel filter for my car. Now i get these lurches all the time in first gear, not just some of the time, and the car seems really unresponsive in first gear, but drives nicely in all the other gears. Has anybody got any idea what the problem could be, it's really getting on my nerves. At first i thourght it was my cluctch control but i've stopped and started to test this and i can have my foot to the floor with teh accelerator and it still sometimes does it no matter what speed u raise the clutch. HELP!
bubble

23rd Dec 05 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds familiar to the x14xe and x16xe tbh. and my c20xe does that sumtimes
Solitary_Echo

23rd Dec 05 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there anything i can do about it. i have a 1.2 16v sxi.
Solitary_Echo

24th Dec 05 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is utterly stupid, and feel like a right twat writing this, but just incase anyone has the same problem in future. I had some badly fitting car matts in the car, i remembered the car never did this until i passed my test, on which day i treated myself to these matts. i took them out and pushed my seat forward a tad, now it runs fine.... who feels idiotic..i do... moral of the story...get better matts? :S
Brett
Premium Member

25th Dec 05 at 04:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll