corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » lowering my corsa swing 1.2 l reg

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lowering my corsa swing 1.2 l reg
dansaxo123

User status: Offline
16th Feb 06 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi.im stuck here..asked this several times before.iv got a corsa 1.2i L reg.and im buying some alloys.either 17 inch or 15 inch.but bin told 15'' would suit my car better and be a better ride,as 17'' will be an awfull ride.If i get 17'' i am not goin to lower it but if i buy 15'' im lowering it 40mm.i was told couple of weeks ago that if i lower my corsa thn it could snap my chasy or something.my car isnt that rusty underneath.just under the back arch it has 1 little rust hole which is normal for a car this age.any suggestions? plzzzzzzzzzzz help me here.as i dont no what to do thnx
jamesvalver

16th Feb 06 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lower it -40mm and be done with it. yeh lowering ya car prob does put a little bit more stress on the chassis but ive never experianced any probs before
Dione J

17th Feb 06 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, you should be fine lowering it -40mm just make sure it's not on springs alone. Please get a spring and uprated shocks, they dont have to be the same mate just make sure they are both uprated as most people use Bilstein shocks with Eibach lowering springs for example...

Hope this helps
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Feb 06 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just lower it. I've never heard of a snapped chassis on this board.

[Edited on 17-02-2006 by VegasPhil]

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll