corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY THROTLE PROBLEM

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY THROTLE PROBLEM
1.0l12vbadboy

User status: Offline
8th Mar 06 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys,

Right any help would be much appreciated in this matter.

My Corsa C (1.2 Club) has been sat at home on the drive at home for the last few months, un-driven. (The car is for sale by the way) Unfortunately i had to take the door off to be re-sprayed after i drove it into a wall and scraped it.
In this time the car has not been started as the battery went flat due to the cold whether and standing, or whatever else causes it to go flat.

Yesterday I finally got around to the fitting the door back on to the car and charging the battery.

When i fired the car up it started fine, turning over straight away and idling fine.

The problem starts when I try to rev the car, when I push on the pedal the car makes no response, as if it is not connected. I know it is connected as some times it tries to rev but never over 500 RPM!!

The engine management light is on (the orange light in a shape of an engine) witch in the Vauxhall handbook relates to an exhaust emissions problem!!!

The car has a performance exhaust but has always run fine with it on. maybe the battery has gone flat and restarted the ECU and now unlikes the exhaust system??? I don’t know?!

The car is also fitted with a Cobra alarm/ immobiliser system, but I don’t think this has anything to do with the problem. But maybe it has??

Thank you for reading guys and please, please, contact me if you have any ideas or heard of this before. As I really want this car off my drive now (its in the way)

Thanking you in anticipation,
Ben
carnuts

User status: Offline
8th Mar 06 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i now its stupid but when you got it startedfor the first time how did you start it did you jump it or trickle charge the battery?

New Poll