corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » need help locking down windows xp

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author need help locking down windows xp
SetH

User status: Offline
25th Oct 06 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right geek pranksters in my office doing things like ejected my cd drive remotely etc, how can i lock these noobs down.

i have full admin access to my machine btw, limited permissions in AD.

where do i start?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
25th Oct 06 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find out what they're doing first.

My initial feelings are that something like Windows own firewall would sort this, or perhaps ZoneAlarm or something. I'm assuming its networking related and thus relying on the fact that your computer has open ports here and there.

Might also be worth checking that you're not infected with SubSeven or similar. That would enable that type of thing.

New Poll