corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » sent txt messages after deleting from phone?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sent txt messages after deleting from phone?
supacook2k

User status: Offline
14th Apr 07 at 05:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there a way to get the txt messages that have been sent from my phone back from my network. i'm with 02 and wondered if i phoned them could they send me the txt messages that were sent to a certain number?

or is there a way that every txt message sent can also be sent to another number at the same time but without having to add the other number everytime?

[Edited on 14-04-2007 by supacook2k]
Wrighty

14th Apr 07 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ring o2?
deano87

14th Apr 07 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o2 can see every txt you've sent and received, and read them including pic messages I should imagine. Not sure if they'd send them back though.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Apr 07 at 07:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a place, based in cheltenham i think, it scans every text from any network, scans it for dodgy words like planned terrorism etc and flags it up, someone reads it and decides if further action is needed.
remember that man who was arrested for texting someone some song lyrics with terrorism stuff in it?
sxibeast

14th Apr 07 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
theres a place, based in cheltenham i think, it scans every text from any network, scans it for dodgy words like planned terrorism etc and flags it up, someone reads it and decides if further action is needed.
remember that man who was arrested for texting someone some song lyrics with terrorism stuff in it?

Isnt that the huge military base with the giant golf ball type thingys?

Even though a text message is deleted, there is still a copy on the phone, you just cant access it. We've done this type of thing at work, sometimes you need an engineers code to punch in somewhere, and other times a little black box
bubble

14th Apr 07 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
o2 can see every txt you've sent and received, and read them including pic messages I should imagine. Not sure if they'd send them back though.

this is untue. we can find out how many characters are in a text and we can also automatically flag things up that have things like blow up no 10 etc...
Antz

14th Apr 07 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxibeast
quote:

Isnt that the huge military base with the giant golf ball type thingys?

Even though a text message is deleted, there is still a copy on the phone, you just cant access it. We've done this type of thing at work, sometimes you need an engineers code to punch in somewhere, and other times a little black box

The place with the giant golf balls in RAF Menwith Hill, in Yorkshire... just up the road from me, it's an American AF base.
Antz

14th Apr 07 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:

this is untue. we can find out how many characters are in a text and we can also automatically flag things up that have things like blow up no 10 etc...

What, so if I sent a text to a graphic printers and said.......

Delete no 1, number 2 is ok, shrink number4 and blow up number 10.... I'd get flagged???
haller14

14th Apr 07 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres bases like that all over.

21signal regiment - wiltshire.
One Before Raf Innsworth

theres quite a few.

[Edited on 14-04-2007 by haller14]
Antz

14th Apr 07 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh ok.....
deano87

14th Apr 07 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

How did o2 retrace my girlfriends messages, to find out which scam she'd txted to get a free ringtone, so they could tell her what to txt back to stop it?
Hammer

14th Apr 07 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The networks will have a log of EVERYTHING, whether its legal or ethical to look through it in most cases is another matter.
chris-sri

14th Apr 07 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

GCHQ??
Hammer

14th Apr 07 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you mena Menwith hill?

As above.
Jambo

14th Apr 07 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

How did o2 retrace my girlfriends messages, to find out which scam she'd txted to get a free ringtone, so they could tell her what to txt back to stop it?

Because they record the number that txts you/you send to, you can view it on your bill, not hard!

They would not possibly legally be able to view your messages, nor would they have the storage capacity, or the staff/systems to do so.

Utter codswallop
Jules

15th Apr 07 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can buy sim card readers which should be able to retrieve deleted texts.

http://www.spyequipmentuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=79

Only the last 10-20 for PAYG or 20-40 if on contract though

[Edited on 15-04-2007 by Jules]
drunkenfool

16th Apr 07 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
The networks will have a log of EVERYTHING, whether its legal or ethical to look through it in most cases is another matter.

This is true, text messages are part of the reason why I got arrested. One of my mates also got in touble when the police found a message they had sent to me, even though there were no texts stored on my phone. If u wanna do anything illegal, don;t do it over texts
dave17

16th Apr 07 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF were you doing?!

I might txt my mate saying im going to blow something up, and see what happens - for a giggle
drunkenfool

16th Apr 07 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to sell quite a bit of green, im guessing they were watching me anyway and didn just find out from the texts, but they can definately monitor them. One of my mates sent me a message saying they had some really good pills in and asked if i wanted any, 2 weeks after I got arrested their house got raided too, and when questioned dow the police station they were asked about that text they sent me! Luckily they had given up sellin and taking anything when I got busted

New Poll