corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Uprating brake pads and discs, what to go for ....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Uprating brake pads and discs, what to go for ....
Rob B

User status: Offline
20th May 07 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i cant be arsed messing around with changing calipers etc firstly,... I just want to uprate pads and discs to try and reduce brake fade and get a bit of better stopping power..

Ive been suggested to buy some ferado DS2500 Pads which seem a good choice, but im unsure of what discs to buy, some people are saying just buy standard discs but im unsure cause i thought i would need grooved ones etc...

Thanks Budget for discs is 100 quid max !

TheCam

20th May 07 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was me, I would try and get some black diamond discs and red stuff pads.
Rob B

20th May 07 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been looking at this.... i know its more than i said but it looks very good to me...

Enlarges brake disc size to 283mm discs, comes with red dot discs, green stuff pads, and all spacers etc needed..
TheCam

20th May 07 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

283mm those discs will be bigger than standard surely? I have 2.0 16v astra brakes and they are only 256mm
Rob B

20th May 07 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah standard are only 248 on vts cause they have front and rear discs, thats why you get the spacers to space the calipers out.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

20th May 07 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bigger discs wont help massively with everyday braking, its not the size of the disc but the clamping force of the calliper that makes a big difference.

I drove a nova the other day with a 250mm disc (had 14's) with compbrake callipers. were better than my 305mm reylands, but they do cost a lot!

for pads go for mintex 1144's or ds2500. as for discs, look at the brembo max range, very cheap and great value for money. also look at the new EBC ultimax slotted.
Rob B

20th May 07 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cheers Dave, its only for a bit of fast road use, i just get alot of brake fade and was told its more down to the size of the disc aswell as the pad so was going to get that big disc kit and some DS2500 pads ?

Ta
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

20th May 07 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

big discs will help with brake fade as they will dissipate the heat better. but a standard size disc with grooves in and decent pads will do the same.

one of my customers bought the EBC ultimax slotted discs and mintex 1144 pads, he took the car to the nurburgring and said they were fantastic.
AJ890

20th May 07 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive heard quite a few good reviews about the mintex pads im going to be upgrading to them soon.
ad-sport

20th May 07 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fitted the usual v6 upgrade from lmf 288mm black diamond discs and pads to match cost me £265 delivered and there ace. they get better the harder you use them let you no how good soon as im doing a track day n i only had standard 256s on the last time i went round

New Poll