corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Central locking draining battery

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Central locking draining battery
James@CCC

User status: Offline
4th Jul 07 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had an electrian come look at my car this morning and apparently i have a drain of about 4 amps on my battery which is why its been gay.

He said that it was being caused by something running through the central locking/alarm fuse cos it stoppped when he removed it.

He blamed the alarm, but when i spoke to the alarm guy he said there was no chance and blamed a bad soleniod in the system.

Does this sound right? would it just be a case of changing the soleniod for a new one, and how do i know which one it is which is being bad?

thanks a lot guys
Jake

4th Jul 07 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does the car lock and unlock ok?
andyc1234

4th Jul 07 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine has done it a couple of times. sticky solanoid in the door. the car locks and unlocks fine but the solaniod doesnt turn off. stick your ear next to the door when you lock it. the solanoid should click off when the doors lock.
James@CCC

4th Jul 07 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andyc1234
mine has done it a couple of times. sticky solanoid in the door. the car locks and unlocks fine but the solaniod doesnt turn off. stick your ear next to the door when you lock it. the solanoid should click off when the doors lock.

ooo this kinda makes sense. since being told ive noticed that my passenger door lock is fucked and doesnt do what the central locking tells it. is there a cure for it or do i just need a new one?
andyc1234

4th Jul 07 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just bung a new one theres nothing you can do to fix it really just make sure none of the linkage is sticking and the wires are on properly. other than that its a new solanoid

New Poll