corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » smoking/oil drinking x16, piston rings or stem seals

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author smoking/oil drinking x16, piston rings or stem seals
corsaconcepts

User status: Offline
18th Aug 07 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem wioth my gsi i brought off e tec on this site and it turned out it was the oil return pipe which runs along the back of the lump up to the front rocker cover the gasket at back of engine was knackered so made my own one up and its been fine since!!the smoke was from the oil hitting the exhaust!!
RCS

18th Aug 07 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leak down test is the best, as it pinpoints the problem.

Using oil is caused by excessive wear on components, so could be valve stem seals, valve stems, valve guides, piston rings, cylinder bores etc

The best way to indentify the problem is to rip it apart and measure the stuff.
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Aug 07 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RCS
Leak down test is the best, as it pinpoints the problem.

Using oil is caused by excessive wear on components, so could be valve stem seals, valve stems, valve guides, piston rings, cylinder bores etc

The best way to indentify the problem is to rip it apart and measure the stuff.

Yer thats why a want to do it, as i want to pinpoint the problem before I start spending and pulling things apart

Drives supercharged Tec with torque

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll