corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » rear brake help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rear brake help
kenny2many

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 03 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres the problem-

if i leave my car for more than a day when i go to drive away my rear drums stick and the wheel gets dragged until it clicks and its then fine. i would expect this on an old car that doesnt get used to often but im using my car almost on a daily basis and its an R-reg car!

any ideas???

cheers
kenny
corsa120

2nd Mar 03 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cable maybe getting caught from handrake or the shoes maybe sticking sounds easy to fix
kenny2many

2nd Mar 03 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool i'll get get to a garage the morn!
dja

2nd Mar 03 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do it yourself,dont be lazy!It aint hard and will save your cash!!
Just clean up the rear drum assemble and grease any metal to metal contact points.
Or dont put the handbrake on so hard and leave it in gear so it dont roll away.
ainsley_brader

3rd Mar 03 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its common on vauxhalls just ignore it as long as they free off straight away.
Adam-D

3rd Mar 03 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not to worry you i had this with mine but id get it sorted cos i was goin round a left hand bend dabbed the brakes the back locked up it stepped out i caught it and got round the bend but it isnt nice when you dont expect it
jus clean them up an grease contact piont as dja said i got a free brake check from halfords they did it for free and advised me that i needed new front disk and pads as i was leaving i told them "i know ive got the stuff at home ill do it later" HAAAAA HA HA shouldve seen his face he he he rear brakes cleaned n greased for nowt and the drums were an arse to get off i was cheery for the rest of the day

adam

New Poll