corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Cancelling/changing mobile phone contracts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cancelling/changing mobile phone contracts
Jill
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   4th Nov 07 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, I wasn't sure where exactly to put this post so thought here is as good a place as any

Basically I want to cancel my phone contract with O2 at CarPhoneWarehouse and just go directly to O2 (for numerous reasons I can't be bothered to list). Only problem is I want to keep my phone for the time being and my number BUT I have an 18 month contract which expires beginning of January 2008. So does anyone if/how I can go about cancelling it and keep my number etc and if I do so will I have to pay any monies to CPW (and ifso how much etc)??

Any help/info/advice appreciated!

JILL
Marc

4th Nov 07 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aren't you tied to the contract so can't actually cancel it?
Demo

4th Nov 07 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will have to wait until january and then you should be able to migrate your nunber from carphone warehouse to o2 direct.

if you want out now you can buy your contract out by paying them the line rental for the remaining months straight up in one go
Jill
Premium Member

4th Nov 07 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Aren't you tied to the contract so can't actually cancel it?

That's what I thought But I thought it may be possible. I know if I canx early then I could lose my mob number and have to give my phone back Thought there may be some way round it though?

JILL
Marc

4th Nov 07 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not unless you can do what Demo suggests.
Jill
Premium Member

4th Nov 07 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Demo
if you want out now you can buy your contract out by paying them the line rental for the remaining months straight up in one go

Really? So obviously if I have two months left it's 2 x £X plus any calls/texts etc that I may owe for (not likely though)? Do I have to pay to keep my mob number and transfer it?

JILL
Jill
Premium Member

4th Nov 07 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Not unless you can do what Demo suggests.

I think I may have to give that a go and pop into CPW this week and put my sad face and puppy dog eyes on just for extra effect so they feel sorry for me and just do it Reckon that will work?!

JILL
Marc

4th Nov 07 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worked for me at Link
Jay

4th Nov 07 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Save me opening a new thread...

But does anyone know if I can get an upgrade off o2 after 12 months on an 18 month contract, Three offered me an early one but I didnt want to stay with them. Just wondered if o2 offered the same?
Demo

4th Nov 07 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think so jay

o2 actually offered me an upgrade after 12months when i took my 18month contract out with them

when it came to 12months down the line though they told me that was not something they did

lying bastards
MikeD

4th Nov 07 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jill how about trying to lower the tarrif your on (to the cheapest they do) thena weeklater cancel and pay the 2 or 3 months left?
bubble

4th Nov 07 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ring 02 they should upgrade the account. p4u sell phones for vodafone, but vodafone can upgrade the customers
Jill
Premium Member

5th Nov 07 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayM

But does anyone know if I can get an upgrade off o2 after 12 months on an 18 month contract, Three offered me an early one but I didnt want to stay with them. Just wondered if o2 offered the same?

I'm sorry but how very dare you invade and hijack my thread!!!

*shows you the door*

JILL
Jill
Premium Member

5th Nov 07 at 09:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MikeD
jill how about trying to lower the tarrif your on (to the cheapest they do) thena weeklater cancel and pay the 2 or 3 months left?

I may be wrong but if you change your tarriff it takes a month to implement and in which case I may as well just wait until january surely?

Going to phone O2 and pop into CPW this week so keep you posted.

JILL
Mad Moe

5th Nov 07 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD

I may be wrong but if you change your tarriff it takes a month to implement

Yep that is correct, only really worth doing if you have more than three months left
Jay

5th Nov 07 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
quote:
Originally posted by JayM

I'm sorry but how very dare you invade and hijack my thread!!!

*shows you the door*

JILL

New Poll