corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » bulk head gromets

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bulk head gromets
j-macqueen

User status: Offline
20th Nov 07 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi folks, trying to wire in a sub,well i need to get to the grommets in the bulk head,on a 1.4 sport corsa b,space is tight,can su1 describe in detail and possibly with pics how to get to the drivers side one
pow
Premium Member

20th Nov 07 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont use the drivers side one, use the one on the passenger side one. Theres a guide somewhere
j-macqueen

20th Nov 07 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do you get to it like.any pics etc
pow
Premium Member

20th Nov 07 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The best advise I an give you is to remove the under tray and glovebox, poke a pair of long nose pliers throght the gromet behind the glove box (and pollen filter if you have air con). Get a mate to hold them open, go into the bonnet and feed the cable into the pliers - they will come out just under and below the header tank
Neo

20th Nov 07 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also when cutting the gromet be really careful not to cut the wires going through it.

A good tip, which i have heard but not tried, is to put fairy liquid on the cable, causes less friction..

Just dont give up
j-macqueen

20th Nov 07 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aww cheers..is that the one that you cN EASILY SEE IN THE FOOT WELL
choochoo82

20th Nov 07 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i removed the grill by the wipers and there is one in there with wires coming through it already . passanger side
j-macqueen

21st Nov 07 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and how did you run it to the battery???? cause theres a different section for the wiper motors etc isnt there..does any1 no if i can power the live and eath from an equiliser off the wires that used to come off my 12v cigarette lighter,ripped the wires off it and im wondering if theyl power my equiliser ok..and with a cd player (headunit) is the red one the live lol sounds a stupid question but you dont no these days
j-macqueen

21st Nov 07 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got the power wire through the bulk headthanks for the help guys.now just need to no about the red wire being the live and if i cud power the equisier wich is a seperate unit of the 12v wires that used to connect to the cigarette lighter

New Poll