corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help Car Clock running out my battery

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help Car Clock running out my battery
adam_rasta

User status: Offline
8th Apr 08 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got home form work on sunday afternoon turned off the engine, and the clock and date and temp lights were still on. I though thats odd because they should all turn off. So i turn the engine on and off a few times to try and get them to turn off but they wont and i forgot about it. Went to the car on monday afternoon battery is dead no engine noise's at all, but the clock was still very faint.
Today i have disconnected the battery and started charging it. Just tried it tho its charging but the clock stays on whilst the battery is plugged in but engine and elec are off. So as soon as i can pull my car onto the drive and off the road this will happen again i assume, because the clocks is allways on.

What can i do?

Thanks
luke85

8th Apr 08 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont mean to insult your intelligence but have you left your lights on? some cars dont have a buzzer to warn you before you walk away
adam_rasta

8th Apr 08 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, didnt leave them on.
george

8th Apr 08 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put a new battery on it, probly not holding alot of charge from the alternator
pow
Premium Member

8th Apr 08 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That isnt guna help is it geogre.

have you got an aftermarket stereo?
andyc1234

8th Apr 08 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have leds in
adam_rasta

8th Apr 08 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it may be sorted now charged it a little tried it and it wasnt enough to fire up the car. But when i took my key out the clock went away, i also tried the radio and then turned it off and the clock went off. So it seems to be back to normal now just need to charge it like a mofo now

(everything in the car is standard)
going to get the whole car checked out asap because it can do with an overhaul.

[Edited on 08-04-2008 by adam_rasta]

New Poll