corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X14XE Electrical fault!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X14XE Electrical fault!
swill_omnibus

User status: Offline
11th May 08 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

Well ive never had a problem of anysort with this car up until now, and god do i know how to have a prob! lol

Anyway.

yesterday i installed my angel eyes, all perfect nowt wrong.

Today, i put new rear lights in and found out that one of the indicators didn't work, but i also found that a fuse had blown (bottom 2nd left) is a red 10 fuse. "KL" according to the legend.

So now, when ignition is on, no light are coming on, when engine is started the battery light is on, theres no petrol gauge reading, no mph reading or water temp reading, theres no de-misting for the wing mirrors, when i indicate left it ticks really fast, when i apply the hand brake the rev drops to zero then goes back up2 normal idle.

So basically, iv'e really fudged things

Any light to be shined here?
supermike

11th May 08 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh dear seams like you are having problems, sounds to me like you have shorted out somehting while installing the lights, check all the fuses etc. Battery light being on while the car is started means the battery is not getting charged. First things first check your fuses replace any blown ones and then check all your wires for headlights etc
swill_omnibus

12th May 08 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the fuses checked and all seem fine, except for one which was replaced. Was a 10amp but only had a 7.5 handy. That should be ok shouldn't it as it isn't exceeding 10 yes/

I'll check all wiring again just incase it's fouling anywhere.

Cheers so far m8!
supermike

12th May 08 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

being only 7.5 might have blown again. Your better with a 10 but never go above 10 because then you run the risk of burning out wiring.
swill_omnibus

12th May 08 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Checked all fuses again but didn't get to a car spares in time to get a fuse so that'll be done tomoz now.

Checked all wiring and there doesn't seem to be anything that would foul anywhere or there isnt nowt burnt or anything.

When i went to take the interior dash bulbs out though, there was smoke coming from the bronze strip that lies there. I personally think that has shorted something somewhere!
swill_omnibus

12th May 08 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just checked all fuses in drivers compartment all seem fine and also fuse box in engine bay, the lonely thing seemed fine also.

Bump also too
supermike

13th May 08 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm weird, could be a manufacturing problem with the lights, have you tired fitting the standard lights to see if the problem persists with the standard items
swill_omnibus

13th May 08 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the lights ive put on look the same as original but just clear so the bulb holder looks exactly the same!

I think when i tried taking the bulb from the centre console out, i was told with a screwdriver to release the little clip and pull it out.

When i tried that, smoke did come from that......... So i think it must be something to do with that personally!
pow
Premium Member

13th May 08 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try pulling the fuse for interior lighting and trying again
swill_omnibus

13th May 08 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah-ha all sorted. Got my dads mate to come round and poke a few bits while i was in work.

Said sumin bout a few wires behind the box had burnt i think.

Cheers for everyones help , much appreciated

New Poll