corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » clonking noise from the rear of the car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author clonking noise from the rear of the car
ali_corsa

User status: Offline
7th Jun 08 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everytime i go round an island or a corner i get a sound like something is rolling around in the boot and hitting something but ive emptyed my boot, replaced the springs as they was rubbing on the lower coil and makeing flat spots, shocks are being replaced next weekend as one is leaking but im not sure it would cause it to do it. any ideas, both wheel bearings was replaced about 4-5 days before the noise started to happen so it cant be that. its not the exhaust hitting the rear beam either

[Edited on 07-06-2008 by ali_corsa]
baz08

7th Jun 08 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are all the exhaust clamps still attached, as sometimes the clamp that holds the rear on to the centre exhausts come off, this causes a clunking noise going over speed bumps etc
ali_corsa

7th Jun 08 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all fine, doesnt happen when going over speedbumps which makes me believe theoretically its not the shocks, i dont race over speedbumps anyway it just happens when you go round a corner and seems like something is moving around
ali_corsa

8th Jun 08 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

up
Anthony

8th Jun 08 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check your wheel bearing again. may be over tightened.

New Poll