corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » std headunit help!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author std headunit help!!!
moddedcorsa

User status: Offline
   2nd Apr 03 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought corsa (It was Kenny2many's corsa)which had an ice install with pioneer headunit etc, but i bought it with the std ice (as i couldnd afford the ice aswell as the car)

so it now has the std grundig car 200 head unit back in, but the radio doesnt work(doesnt pick up anything) so i took it out and noticed there was an ariel wire lying beside the cage, "great" i thought, "All i need to do is plug it in again" but theres no port for it anywhere on the head unit??

Also its a 1.2 breeze, r-reg, does this car have rear speakrs? If no, is the wiring leading to where the speakers should be there? as only the front speakers work.

I would get a new headunit, but as i just bought the car, i cant afford it at the mo, cheers

[Edited on 02-04-2003 by moddedcorsa]
Adam-D

2nd Apr 03 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the wiring is there for the rear speakers but i doubt ther are speaker there aswell
the areial plugs into the cage then the stereo plugs into that failin that you need the code so i say bollox to it and jus get a cheap £50 cd headunit for now
moddedcorsa

2nd Apr 03 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the code alreadt, cassette works, just no radio.

In the back of the cage theres the black multi-plug, and a grey plug, which i presume its for the mfd
leeshez

2nd Apr 03 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here here just play tapes for the moment @ least you can play your own tunes Gizzmo (the rabbit) Lee
rollin

3rd Apr 03 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ariel as i remember fits onto the cage of teh headunit the headunit then slots into the cage and the ariel port in the cage. maybe wrong did it a yr ago but im almost certain

New Poll