corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Guru's/God's Needed ASAP!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Guru's/God's Needed ASAP!
solly

User status: Offline
29th Jul 08 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, iv just done a straight swap engine conversion (Z18XE) on a corsa c after killing my old one, but im having some wierd trouble with it and need someones help!

Right had it running now for a couple of days, running fine, but was struggling to fire into life, took a couple of seconds to fire when starting, also noticed the power was a little down, so took WarrenG out in it and we were both convinced the timing was slightly out (i.e. 1 tooth out) which was causing the EM and TC lights to stay on as there usually displayed if the engine is restricting the power

Also noticed that the emissions light and the traction control light has been on since the engine was fitted, which would indicate there is a timing issue again.

So I took it to Warren’s last night to change the timing, stripped it all down, checked timing – PERFECT!!! K, so then we moved onto other areas the problem could be, checked all the sensors were plugged in etc. everything was in properly etc.

Then decided to change the crank sensor, changed that, YES!!! started up perfect, no delay, put everything back together, drove down the road, into second, then all of a sudden it felt like someone had just stopped all the air going into the car and something was blocked and it sounded like it was misfiring massively!

Got it back to warrens, checked EVERYTHING, Tried new spark plugs, new coil pack, new MAF sensor, even thought the throttle body might be dodgy, so unplugged it and tried to run it. It didn’t accelerate as you would expect, but we recon when we disconnected it, it threw a terminal error up that will only clear on when the ECU is reset, so we disconnected the battery for a hour, and still the same problem, runs fine for about 2 mins and then it dies and the misfire occurs ,

Also noticed that when rolling if the problem occurs, and you turn the ignition off, and roll, and leave it in gear, then start it back up the TC would disappear for a minute and it would run perfect, and if you kept the revs slightly higher it would last longer before the TC light would keep popping back up!

So had to get towed back home, eventually got in at 3am, the RAC man with diagnostics came round at 6.10am this morning, and plugged it in,

Initially there was 3 different misfire faults cylinders 1, 2 and 4 and a MAF fault, he cleared them, ran it on idle, and 2 kept popping back up -

P0301 and P0304 Misfire in cylinder 1 and 4

Now it certainly doesn’t sound as though its running on only 2 cylinders, and the RAC man said that 1 and 4 are connected somehow?

Now the only thing we didn’t change was the cam sensor on the pulleys, but I can’t see that being the problem there is nothing else I can think that would be the problem! I have literally tried everything please help

Anyone any ideas? :cry:
solly

29th Jul 08 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

up
ainsley_brader

29th Jul 08 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coil pack!
luke85

29th Jul 08 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you sure you've not disturbed either of the front wheel sensors so its flagging up a traction control fault and the traction control is cutting the power?
solly

29th Jul 08 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ainsley_brader
coil pack!

tried 4 different ones now
solly

29th Jul 08 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by luke85
Are you sure you've not disturbed either of the front wheel sensors so its flagging up a traction control fault and the traction control is cutting the power?

where are they? never touched em i dont think mate?
csweatherston

29th Jul 08 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pull the rubber seal off the Throtle Body ECU ,bare the yellow wire and make an Earth to it
shep2006

29th Jul 08 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would go for a dogey abs sensor , this would give u a misfire and lack of power as soon as turned off and on again it would reset only to give the same problem 2 mins later
Limecat
Banned

30th Jul 08 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it do it if you spank it from cold? (Not ideal I know!)
solly

30th Jul 08 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shep2006
i would go for a dogey abs sensor , this would give u a misfire and lack of power as soon as turned off and on again it would reset only to give the same problem 2 mins later

hmm, where are they mate, (stupid question i know) and would i be able to tell if they are fucked without changing them?
solly

30th Jul 08 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
Does it do it if you spank it from cold? (Not ideal I know!)
i know what you mean,

and yes well not spanking it, driving it a little more keen than usual, it stays fine for a bit longer, soon as the revs drive it goes into that mode and dies, restart, its fine again
solly

5th Aug 08 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update -

Had the Tech2 on it, and its bringing up a C0265 error for the traction control!

confused.com

New Poll