corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ECU

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ECU
StueyBoy1989

User status: Offline
   27th Aug 08 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,
cars been to an from different garages for engine diagnostic tests including vauxhall. these all return with the same problem a sensor. now iv taken it to a well known garage and they have stripped back the loom to the try to find the fault this appears to be all fine. so they have now said that they are 98% sure that its the ECU. Therefore they are offering to reapir it. this involves something to do with a board that twists when it gets hot? i was told that its a problem that comes up quite often?

Just wondeing your views on this or if you had any of the similar problems? bearing in mind i have corsa sport 1.4 2000 W with only 53k on the clock
Torsa g

27th Aug 08 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nver herd this before matey.
StueyBoy1989

27th Aug 08 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any1 else? suppose best to wait till later..so people who have finished work can have a lookie lookie.
Richardhhha

27th Aug 08 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never hered of this before,

To clear something up what sensor is it that keeps saying is faulty and has it been changed?
StueyBoy1989

27th Aug 08 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah been changed twice and then checked again and even though the ecu is given out theres a fault with it, whens it been tested its working fine. i think its the air tempreature sensor, not to sure i'l post later when im home when i can check for deffo what is it. but its a tempreature sensor for something.... and also they said when they move the metal outer box of the ecu the car plays up and changes.
StueyBoy1989

27th Aug 08 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any1?
luke85

27th Aug 08 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ECU failures are very rare indeed, especially for it to be failing in a way that still lets the car run and throws up a fault code. Whats the symptoms with the engine and what fault is it giving you?
StueyBoy1989

28th Aug 08 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats what i thought i couldnt understand it when i got told, as the cars got low mileage and doesnt exactly get driven hard. the coolent tempreature sensor is what the fault code is giving..and so they stripped back all the wiring to see if there was a fault with this and as there wasent they went and tested the ecu, and just from slight movement of the outer casing of the ecu it cause the engine to react..ie low idling, reving high, and then i guess the management light comes on.

New Poll