corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Powdercoating Shocks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Powdercoating Shocks
Doldy

User status: Offline
4th Nov 08 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, my Konis are peeling and i would like to get them MINT.

I want to get them shot blasterd & powdercoated, i would want to get the front shocks done and the rear dampers too.

How / can you do this? Do they need to be taken apart and rebuilt and if so, is this difficult?

Thanks, D
corsa120

4th Nov 08 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes you wont be able to splt them apart dont think and would cost bit if you can along with the hassle, i would just flat them and get bodyshop to paint them with 2k paints will be just as strong dude
Doldy

4th Nov 08 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might just get the paint stripper out on them....

Sorry to sound dumb, but what you mean by "flat them"?
Mr Turner

4th Nov 08 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with my brother bilsteins we just got the spring and the damper shot plasted, the damper was just mascked up around the insert. when we had them back we just give the dampers a quick wet and dry then primed and sprayed them with rattle cans, come out very good. also the springs were plastic dip coated in black which is very long lasting.
Doldy

4th Nov 08 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh i see, will have to see into that then. Its just the masking up that worries me,

New Poll