corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2.0 8v in a corsa, fuel pump issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2.0 8v in a corsa, fuel pump issues
ainsley_brader

User status: Offline
13th Dec 08 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been correcting a 2.0 8v corsa conversion recently.
It came to me for an alternator after the old one had knocked itself out on the chassis leg despite somebody grinding a bloody great hole in it.

Anyway engine came out, chassis welded up, proper engine mounts acquired and fitted and the engine was dropped back in. (sitting somewhat squarer and lower and nowhere near the chassis leg!)

Trouble is it now wouldnt run. It was running before but badly and took ages to start!

So onto the wiring. The wiring was interesting at best using the cavalier loom including starting and charging loom, the ecu was under the scuttle next to the washer bottle and there were loads of loose wires.

So I stripped all the loom out and wired it directly into the corsa plug in the footwell colour for colour and sited the ecu there where it should be.

At this stage I can now get the car to start but only by priming the fuel pump first. Once running the pump will run but it wont prime itself.

What tells the pump to prime? ecu, relay?

(I should add the car has a clifford alarm if it makes a difference)

One other small note rev counter. The corsa rev counter is a green wire correct?
I have no wire in the cavalier loom. I have tried connecting it to a green wire (in a black coating) that had a single plug on the end near the coil (previously unused) but that doesnt work.

FRom what i can tell by tracing the original wire it was originally connected to a plug on the coil would that be right?

Also there is a 2 pin plug on the coil. Am I correct in thinking it doesnt matter which side of the coil i plug this in?

Thanks for any help Ainsley
chrex

13th Dec 08 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the alarm system an immobiliser too, as this could be why the fuel pump isnt coming on.

If its the ECU, i have got a couple of 2.0 8v ecu's.

The rev counter is the green wire yea...what does the coil look like? is it a round oil filled one or a block one?

My rev gauge comes off the coil negative, which is a round plug with a rubber surround.

Does depend on the coil tho!
luke85

14th Dec 08 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Generally the pump doesnt prime, it says it should in the manual but mine never did. as soon as the crank sensor sees the engine is turning it should bring the pump on.

As long as the pump os on while the engines running there shouldnt be a problem
ainsley_brader

14th Dec 08 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm now the crank sensor outer is cracking around where it goes into the block! are they the same as 16v ones or better still vectra ecotec 2.0 16v ones?

The alarm definitely immobilises the starter! not sure otherwise though but as i say pump runs when it is running!

coil is a round oil type one with king lead coming out the middle and space either side for a two pin plug!

New Poll