corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » having problems with coolant

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author having problems with coolant
Forbes789

User status: Offline
9th Jan 09 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok this is wierd, changed the coolant not long ago, and for he last few days car starts fine, and upto running temp, then after a few mins the temp drops again and the collant hoses are rock hard , undo the colant ca and theres loads of air in the system, now i think i got al the air out but now i started the car with the cap off to try and get all the air out the system but after about 5 mins the water started bubling over and the temp gauge reading half way but no sign of the fan working

any ideas to solve this its really bugging me

its a x14xe by the way, n plate 16v sri
Forbes789

9th Jan 09 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok just speaking 2 a local mechanic, he says could be the wrong collant , can cause air locks and likely 2 have fuked the head gasket?

anyone got any ideas, he taking the piss?

how much you looking for the work

45ish for the gasket kit, and labour

what about head testing and skimming?

i'm stumped guys needing some help
Forbes789

9th Jan 09 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sumbdys due to have an idea?
luke85

9th Jan 09 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is, coolant hoses are menat to be rock hard and its normal for the water to boil out of the bottle without the lid on if the engine is up to temperature.

Where is your temperature sitting when you say it drops right down?
reaudioxxx

10th Jan 09 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or you may have the same problem as i did, fitted a new head but still car was over heating had air in the system which took good 20 minutes to get rid off
barneykarl

10th Jan 09 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Replace the stat and expansion bottle cap, wrong type of coolant! what a load of bollox taking the piss with a capital P.
shaun 16v

10th Jan 09 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try taking the small pipe off the radiator at the top and keep filling the bottle up until the fluid comes out of the radiator

New Poll