corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Problem with my car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Problem with my car
hmfctal

User status: Offline
12th Jan 09 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey. I own a 1.2 Corsa B LS 16V. For a while now i have had this problem. I drive along and the Engine Managment Light comes on. Usually in Third gear. Like im driving as i reach about 45mph-50mph the engine like pulls back, as if it doesn't want to go any faster and the EML comes on. This seems to happen alot at 60 on a motorway. I can barely hit 70mph This is in 4th or 5th gear. Anybody know of the problem and have a solution for it?

Thanks in advance.
C2RL R

12th Jan 09 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably your AFM.
hmfctal

12th Jan 09 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You reckon? How much are they? Im beginning to wonder if getting checked out would be worth it as the EML isnt constantly on. It only comes on for so long then eventually clears. Unless you have to drive with the diagnostic in haha
pleyer

12th Jan 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car will have recorded the fault and the machine will be able to pick it up. Mine did the same thing and it was the AFM. Best off having put on a machine to find the problem then having the part replaced.
C2RL R

12th Jan 09 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if this will work but try driving it with the afm unplugged. Your eml will be on all the time but the problem should go away. At least you will be able to tell if its that. When mine went it cost me about 75 quid so its not cheap. You can fit it yourself though so you save money there.
corsanuts

12th Jan 09 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old corsa use to do it aswell. dont no weather it was related but my cambelt snapped lol

New Poll