corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Worried About Directline Insurance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Worried About Directline Insurance
grimsby99

User status: Offline
21st Apr 09 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to change over my insurance to my 1.6 sport,

i have rung up before and they gave me a quote for it however at that time i hadnt bought the car yet and i said it was standard but really it isnt and thinking i wont be able to get them to allow me to have my BB bonnet and smoothed boot even though they are not performance mods im going to try my luck and see if i can convince them that its alright.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for things to say to the insurance company? (sweet talking) of course i dont want to feed them a load of lies but i really need them to acknowledge the boot and bonnet.

Otherwise im going to have to buy another boot and bonnet to put on for a ridiculous period of 6 months until i renew and go with another company wherei can delcare them.

Any Help would be brilliant Thanks
swill_omnibus

21st Apr 09 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Direct line won't insure NO-ONE under 25 with any modifications. Need to be 25+ im afraid
johnhara1

21st Apr 09 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just drive it as is.

grimsby99

21st Apr 09 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Police round here are ar**holes and not sure if want to run the risk. Sportlet has offered me a boot and bonnet to swap them with but its going to be well expensive to drive as its 139 miles so 280 round trip :S! does anyone know anyone i get courier deals?
swill_omnibus

21st Apr 09 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd imagine your best bet would be parcels2go.co.uk and try and NOT put it on a pallet as it's easier and so on they charge you more :S but keep it wrapped up and keep it as light and small as possible (know not exactly poss with a boot) and should be fairly competitive.
johnhara1

21st Apr 09 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long have you got left on your current policy?

grimsby99

21st Apr 09 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

till sept and i dont want to cancel it and then start a new policy elsewhere because it will be a waste of 6 months because i cant declare after a year those 6 months if you get me. its only a year or 2 years (ncb)

New Poll