corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » XE teething probs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author XE teething probs
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Sep 09 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont worry still gonna run at trax

but 2 main probs face me that iv found today
1. gearbox - whine has got worse,and has started to pop out of 4th when slowing down for lights etc, but is fine under acceleration, should last the day on sunday and it'll be changed next month

2. Overfuelling alot, bogs down if u try to get away in 1st quickly, and exhaust is gettin black pretty quick, i think it may be down to my cool running thermostat??
(do you think i should change back to a standard one??)

any thoughts on point 2 would be appreciated
Richardhhha

4th Sep 09 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool runing stat wouldnt cause it to run rich, get a cts and plonk one in or if you have a o2 sensor change it and see what it does

oh and box could be the linkage coming out of adjustment and whining could be low oil or dirty oil in the box. my f16 did this whininh till i changed the gear oil and was fine afterwards

[Edited on 04-09-2009 by Richardhhha]
SteveoBC
Premium Member

4th Sep 09 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just notcied sounds like something is rattling around in ther, just gonna change the box fuck it

will have to address the CTS/02 sensor (if i still have one) next month, just enough cash this month for trax and 1 night out this month (lucky im on holiday most of this month) its a case of run it as it is at Trax an try and tweek/tune it to run correctly next month

New Poll