corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » power steering on an ex gear linkage

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author power steering on an ex gear linkage
spat vxr

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 09 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv fitted and xe engine into my car and want to keep power steering brought the bracket and a the proper pump everything fitted ok but when i put my gear linkage on it hits my steering rack trying to get into first reverse third or fith iv had the linkage extended by 10mm but still hitting what am i doing wrong the car was origanly a 1.4 16v sport v reg please help want to drive the car now thanks
redtom

3rd Sep 09 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

either bend the linkage forwards slightly where it htis (just the tip of it), or adjust the linkage so it sits slightly more forwards and clears it.
dalejones

4th Sep 09 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wonder if u can help me, iam doin the same conversion, i got a power steerin bracket i just need the pump can you tell me wot pump i need, is this one ok?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-C20XE-C20LET-PAS-PUMP-fits-corsa-astra-calibra_W0QQitemZ160358425847QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item25561b64f7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
he says it takes the thin, single V type belt is that the one i need?
dalejones

4th Sep 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ne one??
rbailey88

5th Sep 09 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need same answer mate, i was told need the pas pump of a c20xe but not sure if anything else is neded???
johnboi xe

5th Sep 09 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dalejones
i wonder if u can help me, iam doin the same conversion, i got a power steerin bracket i just need the pump can you tell me wot pump i need, is this one ok?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-C20XE-C20LET-PAS-PUMP-fits-corsa-astra-calibra_W0QQitemZ160358425847QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item25561b64f7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
he says it takes the thin, single V type belt is that the one i need?

ye thats the pump u need m8. you need a single v pas pump,single v alternater and double v bottom pulley.

New Poll