corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » random powerloss??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author random powerloss??
froffa

User status: Offline
4th Oct 09 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2 16v runs fine most of the time but once in a while eg sitting at traffic lights for a while when i pull off its fine then all of a sudden it sort of dies then picks up again!
had the same problem with my last 1 just before it went on fire
stingray1987

4th Oct 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be you icv or your egr valve. look at your airbox and follow the tube coming out of it going to your engine, around there sumwhere will be a sensor. unplug it and give it a good clean it using carb cleaner or wd 40 but if using wd40 make shure you let it dry completely before you put it back in. id do the same to your egr valve but i coudlnt tell you where that is on a 1.2. i think its on the right hand side at the top/back of the engine. also cleaning out the trottlebody could help abit.

try all the things that dont cost anything fisrt. if its still playing up after that try replacing the sparkplugs and ht leads and mybe lambda sensor.
froffa

4th Oct 09 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

already done the throttlebody n lamba sensor goin me mates garage 2mz so will try icv n egr mate cheers
macky

5th Oct 09 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be because your sitting still with the engine running for a while, lots of hot air settling in your engine bay, then you pull off and engine sucks in hot air causing a sluggish pull off...
this is more likely if you have drilled your airbox and removed the cold air feed though.
if you don't think it's that, then what stingray1987 said!

New Poll