corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20XE questions - whats it out of and CAT converters

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE questions - whats it out of and CAT converters
sparkyunlimited

User status: Offline
31st Dec 09 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi again.

Right, i have had my corsa C20XE delivered and after having a good look around i have some more questions for you experts out there!

firstly, surprisingly, it has an oil cooler that is very much factory and original with the engine.... as nobody seems to discuss this in the conversions to C20XE i presume that the oil cooler is not a common fit - so what was the donor car???

The next question.. and following on from the first question.. if its from an Astra GTE.. they didnt have CATS and i cant see a lambda sensor in the maniflod.. and there is no EML... what are the implications of not having a CAT when it comes to MOT time on a '99 car with a pre-92 engine where i dont have teh log book from the donor to prove the engine's age?

Finally.. what the hell is the sensor that is in the front of the sump for?? is it oil level or oil temp?

Cheers again for your help!

Dave
daine
Premium Member

31st Dec 09 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok Dave, is it dizzy or coil pack, and as for the oil cooler my `K`reg cav didn`t have one but my `L`reg did so don`t think it matters that much, my corsa hasn`t got one and it run`s ok, so its a bonus
daine
Premium Member

31st Dec 09 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O I forgot, on the front of the sump its a level.
sparkyunlimited

31st Dec 09 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the fast response.... its a dizzy ignition. can anything be found out from the ECU part number?
sparkyunlimited

31st Dec 09 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just had a better and closer look and found the LAMBDA sensor in the top of the 4 branch under the car!
Daveskater
Premium Member

31st Dec 09 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a stamp somewhere on the engine that says when it was made, I think it may be on the sump but not completely sure!

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
c20letandy1988

31st Dec 09 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st the cat dosnt matter when it comes to the mot as it would be pre 93 engine longs you have proof of age its fine also the sensor at the front is oil level the pressure sensor is by the oil filter im sure of it.
Nic Barnes

31st Dec 09 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

realistically you should have to prove what year your engine is so they test it as a pre cat. some mot station just ask and take peoples word for it.
sparkyunlimited

31st Dec 09 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i saw on a forum that it is possible to tell the year of manufacture by looking inside the oil filler cap.. stamped in to one of the cam bearing covers is the date of manufacture... in my case.. 92!
Nic Barnes

31st Dec 09 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats technically the year the head was produced and wether or not an mot station believe that as proof of year i cannot say. i had to take all my documents and old log book from car engine came from for mine for its mot. it goes to the same place every year so they know the car so dont need proof with me anymore.

New Poll