corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PC Performance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PC Performance
James

User status: Offline
4th Jan 10 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there any software out there that I can run on my PC which will suggest recommended upgrades to improve the performance of my PC?

I've recently put 4GB of RAM in which helped a bit but it's still not as quick as I'd like when multitasking.

Going to put Windows 7 on soon (as I'm aware the XP can't utilise a full 4GB).

Does graphics card have much of an affect on overall performance? I don't do much gaming but the graphics card is just a budget one.
Sam
Premium Member

4th Jan 10 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spec of your PC?
ed

4th Jan 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've put 4gb of RAM in a 32bit PC then you wont see all of it, even with 7. If you've got a 64bit processor then you should get the 64bit version of 7 then you'll see all the RAM.
ed

4th Jan 10 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Windows website has a tool on it telling you your compatibility too, this gives your hardware a rating and could be used to tell you what you need to upgrade. Saying that, if you've got a PC which can with XP on it, it might be a bit elderly to start upgrading components of it...
James

4th Jan 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I built the PC myself about 4 years ago. Since then the only upgrade I've made is the RAM.

I don't have the spec to hand but the mobo, CPU, RAM and HDD were fairly top of the range at the time. The graphics card was the only thing that was budget.

I'm fully aware it's out of date but I don't use it for gaming, I just want to make it a bit faster when performing simple tasks. It's due a format which i'm hoping will help it a bit.

[Edited on 04-01-2010 by James]

New Poll