corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Damages in a rented house

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Damages in a rented house
Jay

User status: Offline
6th Jan 10 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do I stand with this? I was sitting down stairs and heard a loud bang, went up to see what it was and the shower head has fell out of its holder and into the bath, and cracked the bath! Since we've moved in its always been a bit loose but most of them are from experience. Am i going to have to pay for a new bath now or what? Bit pissed about it to be honest as theres a few things we've asked to be repaired and landlady hasnt bothered her arse to sort it out but this isnt one of the things we've complained about.
AndyKent

6th Jan 10 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got an agent between you and the landlord?

If so check with them.

If you'd already complained about it you'd be fine as it would be her fault for not fixing it.

As it is, I guess it depends on the age of the shower, age and type of the bath. Presumably plastic?
Jay

6th Jan 10 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh, with Whitegates, going to ring them tomorrow just wondered if anyone had any advice to go in with if they try to be funny about it. The house is about 10-15 years old and is an original fitting from when house was built.
AndyKent

6th Jan 10 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Original bath as well?

An agent should be easier to deal with. I'd mention you'd complained about a few things in the past which haven't been resolved (first) and now the fitting has fallen off damaging the bath (second). Don't mention that you hadn't complained about the shower.

If you were really having trouble I'd probably argue that at 15 years old its not unreasonable for the bath to be replaced anyway.
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Jan 10 at 01:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't matter if its a "new" complaint, the fixing has failed.
Paul_JC

13th Jan 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deal with this day in day out its my profession.

If you have complained previously about it then it should of been fixed and made secure so from experience it should be down to the landlord.

But also you should of been advised by your letting agent to take out contents insurance and if you did so then you could of been covered under this for accidental damage.
jrsteeve

13th Jan 10 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the fixing is proven to be faulty then it's down to the landlord/agent to resolve. However if it's down to negligence/misuse then it's down to you. Make sure it looks as faulty as possible so there's no question about it.
Jules S
Premium Member

13th Jan 10 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Macaveli
Deal with this day in day out its my profession.

If you have complained previously about it then it should of been fixed and made secure so from experience it should be down to the landlord.

But also you should of been advised by your letting agent to take out contents insurance and if you did so then you could of been covered under this for accidental damage.

Wouldn't a bath be covered by your buildings insurance though......

New Poll