corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » NEED HELP! car is behaving wierd need help/ advice with some form of fault!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NEED HELP! car is behaving wierd need help/ advice with some form of fault!!
sparcost3

User status: Offline
15th Jan 10 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi,

i have notaced recently in the past few days... and its progressivley got worse .....

everytime i go over a small bump or imperfection in the road my sterio cuts out and the engine looses all power...
all lights flash off apart from the main beems which turn themselves on.....

also if i put my foot down.. mainly in seccond gear ocasionly (not every time) the power is also lost and the main beems come on...

the speedo reading is randomly and frequently dropping from what im doing to 0 then shooting back up and same with the revs...

can't find a pattern with all this... seems to ocur randomly...

and the car has stalled twice because of this...

any ideas atall of what it could be would be greatly apriciated!
jibjob

15th Jan 10 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How are the lights and everything when stopped and on idle?

Have you checked the alternator belt? I could see most of those things being a loss of electrical power so id say it would be from alternator belt, alternator, wires, battery terminals or earths. Just check all the connections and give the earths a clean and see if that sorts some of the problems out. I dont get why the main beam would flash though unless youve got a crossed wire somewhere and thats whats losing you power

[Edited on 15-01-2010 by jibjob]
jay2907

15th Jan 10 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everytime i go over bump thats pretty big my head unit goes off thats not a worry but rest things area :/ sum of the fuses though went on mine had to replace 5 of them 2 week ago due going down big bump and radio n lights wouldnt work...
Richardhhha

15th Jan 10 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you got a alarm system on the corsa?

mine did this once and well it was the radio that was going up the swonny, put a new head unit in it and havent had the problem since.

New Poll