corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » refitting a 1.6 16v inlet manfold

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author refitting a 1.6 16v inlet manfold
barney1.6sport

User status: Offline
1st Mar 10 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive bolted on my inlet manifold on my x16xe engine..
how do i go about tightening the 2 nuts nearest 2 the throttle body ??
theyre completly hidden, i removed the egr valve but that made no different..
any help ? cheers
Crana

1st Mar 10 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took the whole throttle body off
Root

1st Mar 10 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume that you mean the bottom bolts, in the middle, the two bastard bolts as I call them. I'm currently in the process of removing these bolts to fit a new gasket. Basically, my dad used a 6" extension bar on a 13mm socket, then got underneath the car and twisted the handle while I held the socket on the bolt from above. It's basically terrible to do tbh.

My dad's at work until wednesday so I have to struggle trying to undo the inlet on my own now. currently i've given up and im getting very drunk

...but good luck to you, lol

also be very careful when taking the fuel injection system off, I tried this today also, ended up with petrol pissing everywhere.

[Edited on 01-03-2010 by Root]
barney1.6sport

1st Mar 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alrite cheers lads. prety sure il be taking half of the f*uckin throttle body off, it looked that way but i wanted 2 c if there was an easier way around it.
cheers 4 the help
Root

1st Mar 10 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be careful about the fuel though. You can depressurise the system and stop fuel coming out but for me...

1- i couldn't be arsed
2- when it happened i thought "i cant be doing with this, i dont want a fire, fuck this shit, i'll just try to get at the bolts tomorrow from underneath.

lol, i wish you the very very VERY best of luck as I know how much of a pig of a job this is.

New Poll