corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Windows 7 upgrade

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Windows 7 upgrade
Jambo

User status: Offline
6th Mar 10 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

Im still having a fair few running problems with my pc and am just about fed up with Vista...

Everyone seems to be bumming Windows 7 so i was wondering how i upgrade to it and if its possible without being an IT geek and cost the earth?

So how does one do it?
Doug

6th Mar 10 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possible to upgrade for free if you like ;-)

Also possible to do a 'non-destructive' update from Vista to Windows 7 keeping your programs etc in tact.
xa0s
Banned

6th Mar 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Download Windows 7, burn it to disc (after checking the MD5 checksum to confirm it's authentic). Once it's installed use a loader to activate it.

I've done 5 in the last month, no problems what-so-ever.

Oh and checking the MD5 checksum is crucial. I downloaded SEVEN other ones, all from large torrent sites with thousands of seeders and tons of positive reviews and NONE worked.
John

6th Mar 10 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every 7 I've downloaded has worked fine and the only time I've ever checked the md5 was the day the gold version was realeased, you're doing it wrong.
ed

6th Mar 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're going to be getting a bit smarter on the gunuine software front in a little while. Not too sure how keen I'd be on running a non-legit copy until a workaround is sorted.

I did the upgrade using an upgrade DVD on a laptop a while back. It worked very well as everything was left intact and you're ready to go after a few clicks and a bit of a wait.
Jambo

6th Mar 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wanna lend it me Ed
ashleh

6th Mar 10 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got it from uni for free, kept getting some shitty driver failure error, downloaded a version off warez and just used the key microsoft provided me to authenticate it...
Doug

6th Mar 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
They're going to be getting a bit smarter on the gunuine software front in a little while. Not too sure how keen I'd be on running a non-legit copy until a workaround is sorted.

I did the upgrade using an upgrade DVD on a laptop a while back. It worked very well as everything was left intact and you're ready to go after a few clicks and a bit of a wait.

How do you mean getting smarter?
ashleh

6th Mar 10 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbf itd be a better idea doing a complete fresh install if your wanting to upgrade...backing up important data isn't that tedious, and tbf a constant backup should be kept anyway.

New Poll