corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c16xe not idling properly

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c16xe not idling properly
corsagsigav

User status: Offline
25th Apr 10 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite my car just will not idle properly sometimes its fine and others its not like having a mood swing lol,its just had a service,new tps,coolant sensor,lamba,cam sensor rad,fan switch was fine after that little lot but has now started idling funny again.
sometimes it hunts to and dont know if this has any thing to do with it but the throttle gets stuck open every now and again to.

any help pretty please
Ellis

25th Apr 10 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AFM? I would check the usual suspects
Stu_22

25th Apr 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Idle control valve?
macky

25th Apr 10 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dirty throttle body?
daine
Premium Member

25th Apr 10 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Gav, my gsi did this so i changed the ICV, this stopped the hunting but made it tick over very slow.
I investigated further and found my bottom pully had elongated the location hole thus putting the timing out . I replaced the pully and the bottom sprocket, the engine now runs sweet, hope this helps.
gidged500
Premium Member

25th Apr 10 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say idle control valve
corsagsigav

25th Apr 10 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new afm and throttle was cleaned when serviced.
daine thats sounds interesting did your car seem to surge to when letting off,think i have a bottom pully and that but the timing out sounds bang on as the car does seem to miss and the power aint what it should be will look it to that

New Poll