corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X18XE Corsa B Loud Engine Rattle

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X18XE Corsa B Loud Engine Rattle
mex

User status: Offline
26th Apr 10 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,
I own a corsa b and have recently put a X18XE into it, i had the full vectra running and the engine was sweet, last week the waterpump went so i have replaced that and also did the camblet at the same time.
Ever since then when i start it up there is a loud rattle it sounds like the cams are screaming for oil, after 5 mins the noise goes away and comes back randomly, im thinking the oil pressure ?

And ideas would be great
Thanks
shaunmods
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A video would be a big help if possible mate My X16XE is doing something very similar to this at the moment although I haven't run it long enough to see if it goes away. I've changed the cambelt on mine too and its making and the engine is screeching and rattling sound. It does sound like its coming from the cambelt area of the engine on mine. I'm about to take the cambelt covers off to see if its fouling on it at all and also to see if the belts tensioned properly. Might be worth checking that on yours if you've changed the belt bud
mex

26th Apr 10 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for your response, i took both my cambelt covers off and re - tensioned the cambelt to make sure it wasn't catching etc and still made the noise, i will get a video as it will be easier to understand

[Edited on 26-04-2010 by X18XEFUN]
cjohnson

26th Apr 10 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like oil pressure like you say. Hydraulic lifters or oil pump??

My x14xe rattles when it's cold but I think that's to do with the valve stem oil seals.

New Poll