corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » eBay Sofa?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eBay Sofa?
dannymccann

User status: Offline
19th May 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Following Sean's thread and the mention of ebay, ive had a look tonight. Just wondered if anyone had bought a sofa and been completely happy with it off ebay?

Obviously I am tempted by the price, most are half the high street prices, but does this mean half the quality, or are they genuinely direct from the factory savings?

The ones I have in my watch list are

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360263811417&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2118wt_939

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150436452125&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_4645wt_939

Not sure if its a dodgy pic because the colour is more grey than brown to me, but the storage in this one is a brilliant selling point
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330430889125&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2316wt_939

Better yet, does anyone know if these Sofas are sold under a different name in somewhere like DFS where we can go and have a sit and see if they actually are comfy?

Cheers
Seany

19th May 10 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think im going for the dylan one
Ben G

19th May 10 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that dylan one looks really nice, cheap aswell.
PaulJMcT

20th May 10 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the Dylan however i got it from Argos for £399.99 -

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6286914/Trail/searchtext%3ECORNER+SOFA.htm

I have had it just over 9 months and it is woeful. The cushions sag badly and already i need to get them replaced. It sits very low and with the cushions sagging you can feel the wooden cross beams on yer arse when your sitting. If i were to get another it wouldn't be this one.
Carl

20th May 10 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not ebay but I got one second hand off gumtree. £130 for a a 3 and a 2 seater, spot on. People are always flogging settees and if you can access a van you are laughing as not a lot of people can.
whitter45

20th May 10 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the thing - be very careful on sofa's as they take some hammering and can give very easily if they are cheaply made

I paid a lot of money for the lounge one and its looks spot on even after nearly 4 years of use

I got a DFS one last year for the connie and although its very nice and quite comfy its starting to show signs of wear - saggy cushions etc

I would not get a cheap one as you will end up replacing it sooner

None of them posted look that nice IMO and look cheap

[Edited on 20-05-2010 by whitter45]
dannymccann

20th May 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair the sofa won't get THAT much use, we don't have kids and we don't jump on it or anything stupid like that

We only want a new one because our donated ones that are now about 10 years old don't match the room anymore and we need it to finish the room off. Yellow and patchwork orange don't go with chocolate walls

New Poll