corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » valves

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author valves
Jonny.N

User status: Offline
11th Jun 11 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all. im a complete noobie to all this side of stuff, ive done suspension services brakes etc, but im trying to do a engine conversion, but headgaskets gone, so thought whilst the heads off id do the stem seals, so im looking for any advise/tips etc? how do it take the valves out? do i need a valve spring compressor to take them out? i know i need one to put them back in, any help would be great thanks,
p.s ive already got a haynes manual aswell, just wanna make sure first, thanks
AlexW

12th Jun 11 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will need a spring compressor yes, Your then need to remove the collets and then the spring cap, the spring, spring seat and then finally your need to get the old stem seals off, You may need the special tool for this.

Best thing you can do, Is read your haynes manual.
Jonny.N

12th Jun 11 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the help, the haynes wasnt clear enough, it just said pull it off, but i thought if they can just pull off then it would come off whilst driving, thanks

New Poll