corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Power loss on 1.4 breeze??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Power loss on 1.4 breeze??
ak072007

User status: Offline
5th Oct 11 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I have suddenly noticed from getting a top speed of 105mph on my breeze, it will now barely go above 80mph.

The only change I have made, is I have removed the red vacuum hose from my air box (so that the flap stays open all the time for constant cold air). I have also turned the hot air feed from the exhaust manifold into a cold air feed.

My airbox was already drilled and de-restricted.

Have I done something wrong here? Any thoughts? I'm going to try resetting the ECU, but if that doesn't work I can't understand why removing the flap function and hot air feed would cause a power loss......... shouldn't it cause a power gain?

Or maybe my car just needs a good service!
Please help!
Eddx14xe

5th Oct 11 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates 1.2 8v done this. It could do like 90 when he got it but after a year it wouldnt go any faster than 70.
johnhara1

5th Oct 11 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The obvious thing to do would be to revert your changes and see what happens.

You won't get any gain from those changes either, you'll just get a nice noise from the air box.

New Poll