corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my wee vag project (polo gti)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my wee vag project (polo gti)
jungle

User status: Offline
8th Dec 11 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had the camera out with me so thaught i'd have a wee picture whoring session

hope you like the pics?

got a few plans for the car mostly some tuning and more handling stuff tho

hope you's like.

how it used to look:

how it looks now without chav exhaust and some more lowness :rthumb: oh and plenty polish and wax think i've washed and polished the car everyday since i got it :lmao: infact no thinking neede i have washed and polished it everyday for near on a week :scared:

this is how it stood for all of a week til i took it off the road as we baught abit of a bummer

after changing the exhaust i started noticing the car was using a load of oil (4ltr's in 2days) and the blowing reek out the exhaust kinda drew my attention to it also,

so came to the conclusion that we had infact baught a pile of crap i was'nt happy that i'd let my gaurd down and let my heart rule my head on the day we baught it, so sucking up my man pride and thaught (fuck it) i got stuck right in about it.

here is where the story really started for this polo.

started stripping the cams off:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

head off:

when the head was off you could see that the valve stems where weeping oil but i did'nt think it was all that bad enough the be causing the reek that i was seeing, so sent the head away to be cleaned up, with new stem seals and some porting and polishing of the ports, and a good bath also.

just whilst it was off you see (don't think the wife was too happy

but anyways got it back a week later, and it looked like this:

then came the part i was dreading on building it back up and turning it over the reek remained

i was gutted at this point because i thaught i'd just get the head sorted out and boom job would be a good un, but nope was'nt ment to be

so off the head came again to change the piston rings and whilst i was there i changed the big end shells so i would'nt come across anymore problems when built back up this time,
and also borrowed a hone to sort out the bottom end so the pistons bedded in properly,
i don't have any photo's of this as i was far to much covered in oil, plus i was getting abit pee'd off at the car at this point.

but as iwas there i thaught it would be rude not to get a spare flywheel i had just collected lightened so here it was:

from a very wieghty 6.5kg's standard

down to a very decent 4.5kg's

then a few days later i had it fully built back up and timed up perfect ready for the running in period,in this time i was suposed to be attending a rolling road day that eck had planned for the fife lot but having just built the polo back up i did'nt want to risk it just yet so played it safe.

so i also treated the polo to a new induction kits for being a pain in my arse for te whole time it took me to finish her a bmc cda

so there we have it all fixed and running great and she is a fair bit quicker now than she was and i'm glad she's smoke free and running great

thanks for reading guys hopefully there will be more to come ie: remap and cams

Pete_vxl

User status: Offline
8th Dec 11 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly, east fife are shite. Secondly i found that bmc to be restrictive on two different cars.

Saying that its a nice wee polo and looks cool now its lowered. Bet you dont get much in the boot compaired to the vectra eh.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my wee vag project (polo gti) 24 database queries in 0.0085759 seconds