corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Electric Window does not slide down fully - any ideas?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electric Window does not slide down fully - any ideas?
Billy Dean

User status: Offline
11th Dec 11 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My driver's side electric window used to work ok. But recently when you hold the button down it will only go down about 3 inches. To make it go down fully you have to put your hand on the top of the glass and push it down as you are pressing the button.

I've read on here that some people say use spray grease on the vertical runners as a first step.
I would need to go out and buy some of that.
Would any other alternative products work just as good? e.g. WD-40, copper grease, traditional grease in a tub, etc.?

Any tips much appreciated. Thanks.
GB123
Premium Member

11th Dec 11 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't see why WD-40 etc wouldn't have the same effect, it's worth a try.
tom130691
Premium Member

11th Dec 11 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you put new speakers in?
Billy Dean

11th Dec 11 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
did you put new speakers in?

No.
But as we're on the topic the driver's door speaker has stopped working properly. When the volume is on max you can just about hear a faint sound from it lol
What could be wrong with it?
GB123
Premium Member

11th Dec 11 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loose wire/connection?
Jed D

11th Dec 11 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...or after market cd players have the left and right sound option sometimes... i.e more coming out the left
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
11th Dec 11 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a few runners, sliders and fixings, need the door skin off really, take a look see how it feels.

If it's gone quickly it may be that something has failed rather than just general wear.

New Poll