corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Orange broadband

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Orange broadband
cunningham

User status: Offline
10th Jan 12 at 06:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it any good?

Currently with BT have been for over 4 years now but they seem to be one of the most expensive.

Can only get upto 8mb in my area and the deal ive seen is 10 pound a month and 12.75 line rental for unlimited downloads, unlimited calls and upto 20mb speed.

Currently pauing whatever line rental is for BT and 23 pound a month for net. So could save 10 pound a month not loads but hey every little helps plus there doing 50 pound worth of sainsbury vouchers.
_Allan_

10th Jan 12 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was BT for about 6 years in the early days. Yes they were expensive but speed and reliablity was good. That was until they decided to throttle like a mofo.

Personally not used Orange but I highly recommend O2. Discount if your already an O2 customer or simply get a free PAYG sim and top up once every 3 months to receive your discount.
Brett
Premium Member

10th Jan 12 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you pay for an 8mb service or is that all BT said they could get on your line? It's doubtful you'll get faster with a new service if it's the latter.
cunningham

10th Jan 12 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i done and independent check and i can only get upto 8mb so anything larger isnt going to make a difference. Im really lookign for wether orange are reliable ie thye dont cut you off at peak times
Dave

10th Jan 12 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been with Orange about 5 years now. Got it when they were offering free home broadband when you took out a mobile contract. Cancelled the mobile after 12months because virtually no signal in our house, still got broadband to this day though, never paid a penny for it.

In all that time it's never properly gone down once, sometimes I have to reset the router because I get limited/no connectivity. It's not the greatest speed wise though, I get 6mb at best but it drops to around 2 at peak times, Sky seem to think I could get 12-20 on this line and the ping is pretty high but maybe that's something that could be fixed with a call to customer services, something which I'm obviously not going to do.
cunningham

10th Jan 12 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see i dont do allot of downloading just surfing the net and gaming on ps3 just dont want lots of hassle. Reliable cheap service is what im after

New Poll