corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » New to the forum and corsas

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New to the forum and corsas
Jimmythehero

User status: Offline
16th Jan 12 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey up lads, joined the forum as im looking into getting a corsa and whacking a redtop in it.
So im after some info:

I want a base car with no mot an tax so its cheap as its going to be a long and on going project, but also want to know whats the best model to start from. Im a assuming a gsi but they do say assumption is the mother of all f**k ups haha

Also, what are areas of concern when looking for a good solid base, like areas prone to rusting etc

And some of my old cars. Youll see im big into my vws but getting bored of the scene to be honest and always fancied a corsa with a redtop since i seen a white one in cannock that looks amazing and goes well.

Anways. Thanks in advance for any help an info lads and i anyone knows a of a good cheap base model then hit me up with a pm.

Cheers

Jay
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Jan 12 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GSi gets the kit as standard but its getting a bit more difficult to find tidy one.

I would probably start with a 1.6 Sport - bit of spec on it and you can sell the engine when you fit the 2 litre.
Jimmythehero

16th Jan 12 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been looking at gsi's and love them in the grey colour they do but im not too fussed about colour at the mo. just looking for a good cheap base as a garage my mates having his rs turbo done at has 2 redtop lumps for sale, ill do all the work myself
Jakey
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As already said, finding a decent GSi is getting difficult. A decent 1998/1999 1.6 Sport are fairly common, plus a lot of them come with loads of extra like air con, central locking and heated mirrors.
Jimmythehero

16th Jan 12 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound, ill keep my eye out for one of them then and perhaps the gsi kit to put on it. Itll be sat in a unit most of the time. Just wanna start compiling a list of bits really.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Jan 12 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could fit the kit easy enough although you won't get a Sport in Smoke Grey, they later ones are Star Silver which is lighter.

Smoke Grey -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v435/BigCol/Dscn2481.jpg

Star Silver -

http://images17.fotki.com/v62/photos/3/33057/760292/DSC01357-vi.jpg

Jimmythehero

16th Jan 12 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not a problem, im sure a respray could be sorted at some point, probably whilst its stripped to be fair

New Poll