corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » One for all you xe1 boys

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author One for all you xe1 boys
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Jan 12 at 00:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So just looking for some advice to a few things before i plunge in and purchase an engine.

First of all, exhaust, what are the options for manifold/downpipe combo's? I believe the standard vectra items need extending a bit to link up to a corsa exhaust? Are there any options that would link straight up with much less faffing?

Second, i've read numerous places that the z18 cams can be dropped in to the xe1 for similar power to the z18? true or false?

Any other advice i should take on before the conversion? Cheers peeps

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Jed D

12th Jan 12 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a mate was looking into xe1'ing his nova but talks more shite than me and i think he said he was going for an aftermarket stainless item for the exhaust mani, from a corsa c i think...?
corsajay88

12th Jan 12 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im also looking at the xe1 seems a simpler conversion and can get a 50k miles engine for under £200. Hard to find a lower milage c20xe for a decent price. Would the exhaust be similar to a 1.6 with it being a smallblock

[Edited on 12-01-2012 by corsajay88]
.Matt

12th Jan 12 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used an astra manifold and astra downpipe with the cat under the car. Pipes almost match up. Will require a bit of modifying, weather you choose to keep a cat or not. Later on took it to a exhaust place and had one made up from the downpipe back.

I bought a new engine a while back which is using a Z18 Head and an XE1 Block and i believe it runs a lot smoother than full XE1, but dont know if there is any power gains in it.

I paid £275 + £50 p+p for a 47k engine.
corsajay88

12th Jan 12 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are they quick with this engine?
Paul W
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, so either way it'll need a bit of tinkering to fit, so a straight fit up to the corsa exhaust would be out of the question.

I have heard about these dunno whether they'd make a difference though.

Bissmire

13th Jan 12 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another route to think about, is shortening the oil pick up pipe, and fitting a 16xe sump. Can then use Corsa manifold and system, with better clearence from the sump. I have an x18xe1 B, and I'm on my 4th sump...
Paul W
Premium Member

26th Jan 12 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So i've heard one of the ebay manifolds and astra link pipe is a good shout to tinker about with. Ideally i'd like to keep it all simple and as is as much as possible in regards to modifying pick up pipe and using 1.6 manifold etc, seems a lot of hassle.

Ecu's. Whats the crack with them? I've got my eye on an engine on ebay with 55k on it, comes complete apart from gearbox/manifold/chip/transponder for £260. Searching for a seperate ecu/chip/transponder i've seen the transponders have different codes on, such as EG CD and things, does this make a difference? or is it just as long as it's all linked and from an x18xe1 it'll be fine.

Fuel pressure regulators, what's everyone using? Heard the universal ones leak and so is it worth buying a branded one such as sard or fse?

Cheers peeps

reecegsi

26th Jan 12 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i was you i would want a complete package ie engine box loom ecu chip transponder so theres no faffing about and you no it all matches each other
Paul W
Premium Member

26th Jan 12 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trouble is, they're so hard to find complete with all that, i must have sent out at least 20+ e-mails already and everywhere has replied with the same thing that they're only selling the engine, which is usually just a bare engine. Best i can find so far is one like this which is complete with ancillaries but without ecu/chip/transponder. And without buying a donor car (which i really don't have space for) i highly doubt im gonna get one as a complete package. Seems there's just no demand there to warrant sellers doing it.

[Edited on 26-01-2012 by Paul W]

Hodgy

26th Jan 12 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use a good fuel pressure reg mate as the cheap ebay ones leak at high revs feels like the car is holding back in to regards to a manifold i used a 4-1 z18xe decat manifold with a astra burtone down pipe mated spot on to a 2.5" sportex system no chopping or anything

as got a box you can use a f13/15 gear box dont need to change the clutch either as the flywheel and clutch on a x16xe is identical to a x18xe1 (pot type) you could even do a "light" flywheel conversion buy using a x14xe clutch and flat flywheel most x14xe,x16xe and x18xe1 and z18xe Parts are all interchangeable

as for z18xe cams and x18xe1 cams its a myth they are both the same its only the map on the z18xe that is different (i believe)

as you probs already know you can use sport engine mounts (x14xe x16xe) and again sport shafts out of any corsa accept the 1.0l 12v x10xe

Paul W
Premium Member

26th Jan 12 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah spot on Hodgy! That manifold/downpipe combo mated to a corsa sportex system? As that's what i've got at the minute. Car's a 1.4 16v so should be all good for gearbox/mounts etc. Definitely worth getting a branded fpr then. Cheers mate

Hodgy

27th Jan 12 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul W
Ah spot on Hodgy! That manifold/downpipe combo mated to a corsa sportex system? As that's what i've got at the minute. Car's a 1.4 16v so should be all good for gearbox/mounts etc. Definitely worth getting a branded fpr then. Cheers mate

deffos mate yeh it worked for me mate with the sportex fit like a glove

[Edited on 27-01-2012 by Hodgy]
AdamF
Premium Member

27th Jan 12 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a complete xe1 for sale ready to go in a corsa for £275 gearbox shafts included

New Poll