corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa fuel tanks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa fuel tanks
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st May 12 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where the best place to get one seen them on eBay but there not oem parts they an easy part to replace or a bit of a faf?
Ian
Site Administrator

21st May 12 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Non OEM should still be OK, alternative really is dealer prices or a used one which will be as bad as the one you're taking off.

Need the exhaust and handbrake cable out off the way, bit of a faff and its never nice being that far under.
johnhara1

21st May 12 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put an ebay one on my xe corsa, there were no issues whatseover installing it or tranfering the fuel pump into it etc.

I did mine on standard driveway ramps. It's not difficult and helps to get a mate inside the car to lower the tank down when you remove the straps.

[Edited on 21-05-2012 by johnhara1]
gidged500
Premium Member

21st May 12 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the exhaust have to come off like ian said or is it pretty easy to do bar that
kennySRi

22nd May 12 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's an easy enough job, just a bit of messing around. If you have access to a ramp it will make it MUCH easier. Just take the backbox and centre pipe off, undo the straps and you'll see which lines to take off. Like i said, it's easy to do just a bit messy.
tom_ow

22nd May 12 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

patent ones i belive are normally a few litres short of oem ones

New Poll