corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Credit Card Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Credit Card Help
Whittie

User status: Offline
28th Jun 12 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bank is healthy, i've got no CCJ's or debts etc. Credit report came back fine recently... But i've never had a credit card.

I'm wanting to apply for one to better my credit rating, and also to protect myself booking a holiday, however i'm worried i'd get declined, and this would make it harder to apply for another / dent my credit history.

Only reason i'm thinking I could get declined, is that 2 direct debits failed to come out by account (but were paid a few days later without issue) around 8 weeks ago, only due to me not realising how much was in that particular account and paid £1000+ for some parking fines which had escalated.

Who would be best to go with? One that has a "We accept any fucker" policy, or someone like Tesco with the potential of being declined?

Thanks for any advice....!
John

28th Jun 12 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being declined once won't really affect your credit history.

Could try with tesco first (although I think they might be quite tight) then if that doesn't work try with someone easier.
Neo

28th Jun 12 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Capitol One and Vanquis have credit cards at retard rate to help build rating. You'll be accepted, but be aware its about 40% apr if you don't pay it off

http://www.capitalone.co.uk/creditcards/classic-credit-card.jsf

https://www.vanquis.co.uk/apply?ref=AG&aff=BTQ_Vanquis_008&utm_source=BeatThatQuote&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=BTQ_Vanquis_008&_$ja=tsid%3A38563%7Ckw%3ABTQ_Vanquis_008
pow
Premium Member

28th Jun 12 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Retard rate

Try Virgin
Aleex

28th Jun 12 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 20 and have just got one with tesco, 16 months @ 0% , think its only a 2k limit but that's more than I'll ever need + when I buy fuel with it ( always buy 99ron ) goes towards club card points.

Soon as the 16 months is up, will be payed off anyway cut it up, bin it, new card if needed :-)
My first was with my bank at 18.

Tesco card seems win win, go on moneysaving expert :-)

[Edited on 28-06-2012 by Aleex]
noshua

28th Jun 12 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah go with Tesco as they have a long 0% on purchases, as long as you pay the minimum each month!
James

28th Jun 12 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldn't buy stuff you can't afford.

Ben G

29th Jun 12 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've had natwest, halifax, tesco and barclaycard platinum credit cards and have never been declined.

you'll be fine. i thought the same thing before i got my first one but now theres no need to be worried.

i put holidays, car insurance and big home improvement buys on them and pay them off at 0% apr.
SXI - Matt

29th Jun 12 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a tesco one and a nationwide one got both when i was younger no problem at all, my 0% interest is long over now with the tesco one, but i just use it now for fuel and pay it off straight away, gives me double points on fuel and keeps it active, points soon rack up to :-)

[Edited on 29-06-2012 by SXI - Matt]

New Poll