corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Driveshaft keeps going on X16XE 4th one in under two weeks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Driveshaft keeps going on X16XE 4th one in under two weeks
x16xe

User status: Offline
24th Jul 12 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all, right to be honest im sick of my car atm nothing but hassle, i bought some new whhels the other week cesaro's and lowered the front of my car some more since doin this it carnt stop snaping the inner cv joint, passenger side every time im on the 4th one now

[Edited on 25-07-2012 by Ian]
Eddx14xe

24th Jul 12 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How low is it?
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

24th Jul 12 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've heard of them popping out because they are too low but not snapping. Are you giving it a lot of abuse for it to snap?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
x16xe

25th Jul 12 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
How low is it?

it level with top of the arch it was lower i highered it back up a little when the second one went, no i have been scared to give it any stick incase it broke lol it always breaks when i hit bump or something i was driving it saterday night and i lost all gears then it came back again i newthe driveshaft had poped so i drove it home and poped it back in properly and it went again it snapes the bearing cage every time and all the balls fall out and the drive shaft comes out the cv its really getting to me now
HarleyMK

25th Jul 12 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I snapped my inner cv on the passenger side cause it was too low, but were talking touching the floor low. Since I've raised it up it's been fine
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Jul 12 at 03:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First thing to rule out is the ride height. Raise it more and see how that is. If it still keeps failing then you need to check the geometry in the rest of the hub. Has it ever had accident damage on that side? Is the wheel central to the arch same distances front to back as the other side?
dion la

25th Jul 12 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coilovers killed my x14xe pass side inner c.v joint but they were wound right down like nearly touching the floor. replaced it and wound them back up to a reasonable height and it was fine

New Poll