corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » mac dvd drive issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mac dvd drive issue
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
26th Jul 12 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there any way of making the os select an external drive to burn a disc in, instead of the built in drive?
ed

26th Jul 12 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seem to remember my friend telling me that they only let you use the internal drive on them when we were discussing getting the external drive they sell.
Nic Barnes

26th Jul 12 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a copy of toast and an external drive, but that doesn't seem to be working. the internal drive has been erring constantly for a while now. seems to be a common fault.
Sam
Premium Member

27th Jul 12 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had problems burning to some discs using Toast and the internal drive in my MacBook Pro, I now use this program (free) called Disco to burn stuff and it's great, works with everything and isn't so bloated like Toast is!

http://discoapp.com/
Balling
Premium Member

27th Jul 12 at 07:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the Mac register the external drive at all?

Also, what's the benefit of using third party software to burn discs? I've just always done it directly from OS X...

John

27th Jul 12 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do macs as default not let you burn to an external drive

Although it's largely irrelevant now anyway.
Dom

27th Jul 12 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I seem to remember my friend telling me that they only let you use the internal drive on them when we were discussing getting the external drive they sell.

I know there was an issue with external drives and using the DVD player under 10.3/10.4; required patching the player app.
But i've always assumed there wasn't an issue using an external drive as a burner, just playback (i suspect due to licensing).

Nic - Have a look at Patchburn, it might sort the problem out. Otherwise do a Google around your external burner and the OSX version you're using as there might be an issue.

Balling - Control/more options over the burning of the discs ie: if you need to change book type or speed etc

[Edited on 27-07-2012 by Dom]

New Poll