corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 6x9's have no bass?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 6x9's have no bass?
JordyCarter

User status: Offline
10th Aug 12 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought my car not long ago but there is no bass from the 6x9's they are alpine ones. When i adjust my head units settings (JVC) it sounds a bit better but peaks pretty quick does anyone know any reasons? I was thinking maybe because the 6x9 might be wired up to the door speakers? the lad before had a sub in i know that.
Gary
Premium Member

10th Aug 12 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May well be blown.

6x9's are shit anyway. Get some comps up front and a active sub and it'll sound lovley
JordyCarter

10th Aug 12 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some comps? sorry ?
Jed D

10th Aug 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if this is the saxo your on about im not helping
Root

10th Aug 12 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

component speakers.

www.talkaudio.co.uk often have cheap used component speakers in the classifieds section
mattievRS

12th Aug 12 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'll sound a lot better if they're amped up
JordyCarter

15th Aug 12 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know they will sound better amped up etc but at the moment the car has pioneer door speakers and alpine 6x9 and it sounds possibly worse than standard set up? i had some pioneer 6x9 before alone and they were great. You wire 6x9 up to the back of the head unit i assume? but i cant see any wiring going or leading into behind the head unit which leads me to believe they are wired to the door speakers or something

When i mess about with the settings on the cd player it sounds like its a fake loud if you get me

[Edited on 15-08-2012 by JordyCarter]
Gary
Premium Member

15th Aug 12 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try swapping them. They speakers may be blown. Also, follow the wires back from the 6x9's to the connection to the cars standard speaker wires. You will need to remove the big lump of plastic in the boot that your parcel shelf its on, dont know what its called. Remake that connection as it could be knackerd

[Edited on 15-08-2012 by Gary]

New Poll