corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Centre piece of Dash..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Centre piece of Dash..
Aidan-Fleming

User status: Offline
21st Aug 12 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive recently bought a Flocked dash. But ive removed all the heating in the car etc. So i wont obviously need the controls etc in the middle of the dash. So i was wondering if theres anything i could blank it all off with or to get a bit of carbon and cut it to size and fix it over it all?

The bit in the red area (this is just an example pic)

[Edited on 21-08-2012 by Aidan-Fleming]
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Aug 12 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't need vents either then in that case?

Although yeah, the flat but would be easier to fabricate something to go over it.

Wonder if you could do something with a spare round bit from the left of the pic for the middle.

Might look OK cut and sanded to the correct shape and either painted with a plasticote type of finish or wrapped.
Aidan-Fleming

21st Aug 12 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah true i dont need the vents either but dunno how to sort that. Might cut bits from the curve on the left on my spare dash and then get them flocked and put them in. I fancy getting some carbon sheet, but dunno where to get it from?
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

21st Aug 12 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there no way of getting a second hand one and making a mould?

You could get 16xe_chris to make you a real carbon flat one up then Or could get some gauges put in it like oil temp and pressure etc

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Aidan-Fleming

22nd Aug 12 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Is there no way of getting a second hand one and making a mould?

You could get 16xe_chris to make you a real carbon flat one up then Or could get some gauges put in it like oil temp and pressure etc

Does he make real carbon like? As i was going to get a bit cut to shape then cut two holes for a couple of gauges as i want oil temp and another one lol
Jed D

22nd Aug 12 at 06:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let me know what you come up with mate, fancy something like this myself, dont want no unnecessary gauges but i wouldn't mind a little shelf to put my tabs on

[Edited on 22-08-2012 by Jed D]
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

22nd Aug 12 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah he does real carbon

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|

New Poll